Type of Sleeve Dress
SHORT SLEEVE: Cap sleeve, 1/2 length,
- Short sleeve: This is a sleeve covering the arm up to the middle of the biceps and triceps area.
- Mid length: A sleeve from the shoulder to a length mid-way between the elbow and the wrist.
- Cap sleeve: These type of sleeves are often referred as ‘sleeveless’. These sleeves are designed to cover the shoulders as they are very short. They do not go below the armpit level.
LONG SLEEVE: 3/4 length
- Long sleeve: A sleeve extending up to the wrist level, that is, it covers the full arm.
Take the plunge and keep your shoulders exposed in an off-the-shoulder dress The dress showcase your shoulders, while maintaining a sleeve or ruffle on the bicep. The off shoulder style is great for those who want to exhibit their shoulders and arms but don’t want the commitment of a strapless look.
- Bell sleeve: The name bell sleeve is derived from the basic pattern ‘silhouette.’ A bell sleeve has a smooth cap and a hemline flaring out in the shape of a bell. These sleeves can be designed to any length and flare as required.
This sleeve style is similar to bat wings; they are loose and with a deep armhole.